Saturday 26 November 2011

Harker finally gets deployed ....


There's a little bit of me that can't actually believe that I'm typing this. It's been over 18 months since I first started Sgt Harker and his squad of devils, to be honest there were times that I honestly didn't think they'd ever get finished.

It's hard to imagine what these guys were like when I first started them, they've had a serious amount of conversion work done to them. All the old catachen headwear has been removed and then they've all had t-shirts, cloaks and berets sculpted on to them. I must admit, I've learned a lot from doing them but I wouldn't want to have to convert every model this much, it'd take years to get an army complete.

Anyway, sorry the light ain't brilliant but there's a couple of closeups, first off, we have the man himself, Vet Sgt Harker .....


Next up we have the three standard troopers, including scar face who got hideously disfigured during his dremmel haircut ....


Then there's the special weapon troopers and yes, the middle guy was another dremmeling accident, it was the first time using a dremmel - lol


Finally we have the demo troopers, luckily, I'd got the hang of the dremmel by the time I'd got to these guys ...



So there you have it, the first squad of first platoon, only six or seven more squads to go. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with them, they're not my best painted models, I'm still relearning to paint after my hiatus, but I'm still pretty pleased. Now all I've got to do is finish the second Starstreak Hydra ...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, they look good!

Tiberius Primaris said...

Very nice looking squad, the berets and cloaks finish them off well.

Zzzzzz said...

Nicely done. Looking forward to seeing them in action - My Harker got killed by Marbo, y'know.

Rasmus Olesen said...

Amazing work my friend. Fits well into the rest of your army!

Unknown said...

Sweet, finally get to see these guys in action. Conversion work is great and the painting ain't bad either. Going to use them in any game of yours anytime soon?

Mordian7th said...

Absolutely fantastic work - I love how they turned out!

Yeti's Yell said...

Looking great my friend. Can't wait to see some pics of them on mission.

Hal'jin said...

Love 'em!

Papa JJ said...

It's great to see them finished, Colonel! They look awesome!!

Col. Hessler said...

Fantastic, mate!