Sunday 30 August 2009

TOEMP Snippers finished

I've finally finished them this afternoon, so I missed the deadline for the first of my TOEMP challenge. Never mind, I've learned how to dremmel, how to make green stuff cloaks and improved my skin painting a little.

All in all, I've chuffed, anyway, on to the pics ....


First the kneeling ones ...



Now the standing ones ...



Any CC is very welcome as always. Tonight I'll start working on my regimental advisors as part of the third challenge (my second). We're supposed to do a FA choice or a special character but I figure I've just done a special character with Marbo and I think the three advisors kinda follow the special character theme.

WIP pics coming soon.

10 comments:

Admiral Drax said...

Mel, these are great!

Simply love those cloaks!

Paul Wu said...

The cloaks look even better painted up. Any chance we could get a tutorial on making cloaks with greenstuff from you any time in the future? I realize there are already some good cloak-making tutorials out there (that link you provided in one of your earlier posts was very good), but none of them have that Corbanian touch, right? ;)

Shrink to Fit said...

Great stuff! That's one fine unit. I'd love to see a shot of Marbo with them.

kilian said...

Really liking the snipers dude. They remind me a lot of the old, classic cadian urban camo. ahhhh...i miss the old days.

-wipes tear-

Grégory Privat said...

Very nice work on the green stuff. You need to concentrate on the picture to find out the green stuff ones from the molded ones : congrats )

Col. Hessler said...

Unbelievable work! Any chance you'll be doing that tutorial on the cloaks?

Cheers!

Mordian7th said...

Those cloaks are top-notch, and as usual, I just love the urban camo scheme you have going. I may have to appropriate that method when I get around to painting up my sniper teams. Keep up the great work!

Col. Corbane said...

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked them.

I've got to add another four at some point to finish off the squad, so I'll do a tutorial then.

Admiral Drax said...

Hullo, mate - just looking back through your recent stuff: did you realise you'd entitled this post "Snippers finished?

Watch out, man: these guys'll cut you!

(sorry: you know I'm not trolling!)

Admiral Drax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.