Sunday 23 August 2009

Marbo's Ripper pistol

I've been working on my custom Marbo model. It's coming on well, but I thought I'd share how I made his ripper pistol. I wanted something that looked like a heavy pistol / submachine pistol.

First, I started off with a standard bolt pistol, I drilled the barrel slightly and then cut off the pistol grip and the barrel and small rod underneath it.


Next up, I glued a piece of sprue to the front of the pistol.


I then trimmed the sprue down and filled any gaps with green stuff.


I then added two plasticard strips to bulk it up a bit.


The finally, I glued the barrel back on, and hey presto, a custom Ripper pistol for my Marbo. It's the first time that I've done anything like this, so I'm chuffed with how it's turned out.

9 comments:

Schnitzel said...

sooo... An elongated bolt pistol. Wouldn't it have been easier to just use a bolter?

Col. Hessler said...

Looks very nice, very hefty.

@Schnitzel- A bolter would have been the easy way to go...but where's the fun in that?

Cheers!

Hal'jin said...

Hey, looking good!
You gave me some ideas for the future.

Col. Corbane said...

Thanks guys

@Schnitzel - Probably, but it wouldn't have challenged me as a hobbyist and that's why I joined the TOEMP challenge.

Craig said...

it looks great, have you got any symbols lying around that you could decorate it with? eg. you could put a wing coming from the barrel back towards his hand... that would look awesome if you have some bits small enough... what am i saying it looks great as it is!

Mordian7th said...

Very cool! KSB has a great point - a little half wing from the barrel back on either side would look great, definitely a good idea.

Keep up the great work!

Shrink to Fit said...

Like some of the others have said, some sort of decoration on the barrel back would make the gun "pop." Because it's Marbro, maybe it should be a kill tally or something similar.

Schnitzel said...

Wouldn't have challenged you? Haha, that is awesome. You sir are very tenacious. I respect that.

Col. Corbane said...

I won't be adding any wings etc to the pistol now. I don't really like that side of the IG. I don't paint up any of the imperial eagles on my tanks.

I think it's because I want the force to resemble a more true to life force. That's the reason that I'm not having psyker squads, ratlings or ogryns in my army.

@Schnitzel - thanks mate, it's been a good practice for when I give harkers bolter ago.