It's the start of a brand new year and it's time to layout my plans and goals for the coming year. I've got a few things that I need to wind up before starting any more projects. There's the last squad for 2nd platoon, the half track sentinel for the command section and the executioner for my armoured company. All these are sitting on my painting station at the moment, so I'm pretty hopeful I'll have these finished before the end of the month.
I've also almost finished my field ambulance project with only some stretcher bearers and a tent to do to complete it. I'm guessing I'll have it finished up sometime in Febuary, which leaves me with my goals for this year. I've got a few but I'm pretty confident that I can pull them off. In no particular order, here's my hobby goals for 2010 ....
- Game more - Last year, I only played in about six games, so I want to improve on this. I'm aiming to get an average of one game every two weeks culminating with entering the grand tournament at the end of the year. It doesn't sound like much but it's a step in the right direction.
- A miniature a month - I've become a bit pattern set with painting my guard and spent last year painting shades of grey, and as such my painting hasn't really improved much. So, I'm going to paint one random model a month just to give me a chance to try different colours and painting techniques.
- 1st Platoon (Vets) - I want to add another platoon to my infantry company. I'm thinking roughly 5 squads (maybe 6) of veterans. Hopefully, with the veterans varied equipment options, there will plenty of opportunities for more sculpting and converting.
- Amphibious assault force - I'm planning of putting together a naval beach landing force made up of scratch built ridged raiders, landing craft and support craft. This project is more about getting me into scratch building than anything else but it should make an interesting game once the projects complete.
- Going on campaign - I want to add more rules to my campaign blog, so I'm planning on regularly adding sections with a bare minimum of one a month. I know that doesn't sound like much but it is a long term side project.
So, here's to a busy 2010.