Sunday 18 October 2009

Objectives complete

I've finally finished my new objective counters. It was an interesting challenge and I've loved putting these little scene together, so much so, that I'm looking forward to seeing what other scenes I can create. Big thanks to the TOEMP challenge for pushing me to give these a try.

Sorry they're not the best pics, I really should have waited until daytime to take the pics but it's been a hell of a weekend and I wanted to do a little painting and blogging to wind down before I hit the much needed sack. Anyway, here's the pics.







I'm hoping to get the extra command squad models done for Tuesday, the latest TEOMP deadline, but that depends on whether I can keep Real Life (TM) getting in the way of the important stuff ;-)

On the Real Life (TM) stuff, I'm knackered and by that I mean properly knackered. The wife and I had a weekend away with friends and last night was a late one. We finally got to sleep at 6am after a night of clubbing and laughing, then the hotel reception rang us at 9.30am with our wake up call. I'm really surprised that I've even finished these and blogged about it tonight.

Anyway, whilst on our way down to Brum on a cold, spitting, bitter October morning, we pulled in behind a guys cruising in his Porsche Boxster with his roof down. My lovely wife spotted his number plate and took a pic......


No question at the end of this one guys, I've decided that it makes the blog to much like an article and that just isn't me.

14 comments:

Admiral Drax said...

Those are - predictably - quite splendid!

And kudos for the Daz Ultra background, too...

I really hope (and somewhat suspect) Mr. Boxter owner hasn't realised about his plates!

Col. Corbane said...

Thanks mate, I really should get myself a lightbox sorted instead of taking photos last thing at night and then daz'ing them in paint shop - lol.

Blitzspear said...

Great work on those objectives and don't ya wish you had a sharpie marker handy to add an ^ with an O above between the N and the B when he made his net pit stop ;)

Mordian7th said...

Great looking objectives, I especially like the medic who is giving the wounded soldier a dripline. Brilliant use of the medic model - I may have to shamelessly steal that idea, as I have a number of those medics laying around in the Closet of Doom.

Keep up the great work!

NemFX said...

I don't get the car joke.. Your calling him a knob maybe? If that's not it, then I dunno.

SC Mike said...

don't get the car joke either...but your models look very good. The contrast between the red barrels and the muted blue uniforms works great.
Mike
Santa Cruz Warhammer

jabberjabber said...

I really like the guy with the bandaged arm taking sitting down on the crate - good job mate!

Wargame News and Terrain Blog said...

Don't get the license plate? What's wrong with it?

greets a very curieus Belgian,

Col. Corbane said...

Thanks guys.

You know what they say, if you have to explain a joke, it ain't funny, must be a Brit thing - lol

Mr.Esty said...

seems like IG have all the best Objective Markers these days!

Paul Wu said...

Very cool objective markers. They definitely make me want to try my hand on some for TOEMP Challenge #7.

BTW, I think I get the license plate pun.

Hal'jin said...

Go ahead, elaborate on the plate. :p

Objectives are excellent, like everything! Siigh can't wait to get back to my stuff, just couldn't find a while recently.

the other Kevin said...

I was anxious to see these done. As I suspected, you've done another great job on these.

Count me in as not getting the car plate humour.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.