Saturday 3 October 2009

Vanquisher added to 152 Armoured Assault Company

I made the latest TOEMP challenge deadline by nineteen minutes, finishing just before midnight last night. I'm quite please on how it's come out, sorry the pics are brilliant. I must sort out my lighting at some point. Anyway, here's tank number 5 of 152 Armoured Assault Company.





All I need to do now is the executioner, which will bring the company strength up to 6 Russes and then I'm done with the company for a while. Finally, a quick shout out for some blogging love .....


On Tuesday, I realised that I'd run out of transfers for my tanks, so I put out a call to my fellow bloggers, and they responded on Wednesday and the transfers started to drop on Thursday. Now that's what I call a community. Big thanks to Craig from the 8th, Paul from Exponent and Siph from Weemen.

Just got to wait for the next challenge now, it should drop sometime today.

UPDATE - EPIC FAIL


I've just noticed as I was putting the vanquisher in my display cabinet. In my rush to get it done, I've put the wrong fething transfers on. I've put 571 which is my infantry company number instead of 152. Guess I know what I'm doing today, luckily, I've got plenty of spare transfers now - lol.

UPDATE 2 - SAVE!



I managed to fix the ident panels, it's not the best fix but it's passable. They do come off a bit darker than my other vehicles ident panels but not excessively. There's a lesson in this somewhere.

13 comments:

73rd said...

Ok wow that Vanquisher was certainly worth the wait! Nice work mate!

73rd said...

And bad luck about the transfer! Glad it's easily fixed though

Col. Corbane said...

Cheers mate, sorted now.

Max said...

Nice weathering work sahr!

Admiral Drax said...

Looks lovely...of course!

Siph_Horridus said...

Looks good. Straightened out your banana barrel too. No probs with supplying transfers - thanks for the skulls in exchange!

Joe B said...

nice job on the vanquisher! I typically try to stay away from transfers due to their shine, but yours look great! What do you do to them to keep them from looking like stickers?

Col. Corbane said...

Cheers guys.

@Siph - it's an optical allusion mate, it's not bent at all - lol.

In all seriousness, after the amount of time I spent trying to get it straight, I've given up trying anymore. There's only so many times you can scald your fingers.

@D'nyarak - I just given the two quick coats of matt varnish, takes all the shine off mate.

Hal'jin said...

Looking great! Love your vehicles. :)

Col. Hessler said...

Looks awesome! I think I will have to revisit my picture taking and re-post my last update.

Care to share your weathering techniques?

Cheers!

Col. Corbane said...

I just plaster them with devlan mud mate. You gotta love those washes.

Mordian7th said...

Absolutely beautiful work - I love the weathering you've added! The vanquisher is hands down my favorite LR variant. You just can't say no to a tank that can hole a Land Raider lengthwise more often than not! Great work, can't wait to see what's next!

Craig said...

this tank is really great mate. no worries about the transfers!