Thursday 28 February 2013

Necron basing crystals anyone?



As I mentioned in my post yesterday, the dungeon accessories mold from Hirst Arts also has crystals on it. As I've been casting up my boxes and barrels, I've also been casting up crystals and everything else on the mold as well. This has left me with a reasonable collection of these crystals that I have no real use for and so I thought in true blogosphere community tradition, I'd pay them forward!


The crystals are cast in Herculite2, so they're a lot strong than plaster of paris but can still be trimmed down with a hobby saw or clippers and the bottoms can be easily sanded to alter the angle they sit on. I wouldn't recommend using hobby files on them to be honest, sand paper is far more effective. I should say that the do have the odd air bubble here and there, we're still perfecting our casting technique, but if you can deal with failcast, you can easily deal with these.

So, if you're a Necron player or have another great use for them, drop me a line in the comments and I'll get them over to you. If a few people want some, I'll split the pile, if there's loads, I'll randomly pick one or two of them. The only thing I ask is that once you've used them, send me a link so I can see what they look like painted up on a base.

Col

2 comments:

FoxPhoenix135 said...

That's why I like you, Corbane, you always were about the community. I have no use for crystals anymore (I would have jumped on them if I still had my old FASA Shard models) but I applaud your decision to pass them along. Most of us hobbyists are pack rats so it is refreshing to see somebody sharing like our parents told us to :D

Tristan M said...

My buddy would love these to use for warpstone tokens for his skaven themed blood bowl tournament.

Will shoot you my address via your gmail in case they are still available. Thanks in advance!