Thursday 10 September 2009

OOPS - Dropped a ******!

OK, so a while ago, I agreed to help out my little man's school and build some diorama's. Well, I got a bit distracted with work and other stuff and I didn't get anything really done on them over the summer break. Little man went back to school on Monday and Monday night, I got stuck in to making the first of three diorama's.

The first is a town, I know the scale is a bit iffy in places, but it was a rush job with no plans and it's for a class of four year olds, so hopefully, they'll be more forgiving than a few terrain forums I know. Here's what I've got so far .....



I'll start painting it up tonight, so it should be done ready to drop off at the school on Monday. I'll post some pics over the weekend. I reckon I'll be able to complete one a week, I'm a little concerned about the TOEMP's but this has to come first. Hopefully, I'll find a little 40k hobby time but I might have to skip a challenge to get these done.

4 comments:

Admiral Drax said...

Well worth the sacrifice: nice one!

Is it actually a representation of your locality?

I've all this to look forward to.

Mind you, I've noticed my school rents out rooms over holidays/weekends. I feel some apocalyptic possibilities coming on...

Col. Corbane said...

It's not a representation of our village, it's more planned around changing types.

The overall idea is to get an idea of how things change between towns, villages and the countryside.

So things like accommodation, local government, shops, open space usage, water management, road structure etc.

Good luck with the apoc games, sounds like a blast.

Darkweaver said...

so, what are the 4yr old using them for? i have mental images of 4 yr old's rolling for reserves, arguing over who gets to play the space marines, and then running off to play tag...

73rd said...

Very nice, and don't worry yourself about slowing down on the TOEMP challenges mate, you can pick it up whenever suits your schedule! I really like the building. I remember when I was younger my Dad and I built a house out of balsa wood. Come to think of it I might look around for it as it would make a killer WFB Chapel! Nice work and I look forward to more